This week we received several calls from clients postponing candidates’ visits to Northeast Ohio either as a result of a no-travel policy instituted internally or because their recruits were not comfortable boarding airplanes. As the anxiety over the Coronavirus mounts, we want to reduce your worries by sharing some ideas on how you can continue to engage candidates virtually while the world is in a holding pattern.
Our goal is to increase the likelihood that, after the pandemic passes, your candidates and their families will be ready and eager to hop on a plane, participate in interviews, and experience their EA immersion day(s), primed by all the connections and excitement we’ve helped them create remotely!
We know how much time and resources you put into sourcing great candidates, and we want to keep their interest piqued during this time of travel restrictions. EA will provide Virtual Orientation Services for your recruits/new hires who are unable to fly in for their interviews/orientations including:
- Telephone Support: A Project Manager will reach out to your candidate and their spouse/partner for an intake phone call to learn about their lifestyle, hobbies, needs, family and concerns.
- Video chats: using Zoom or FaceTime, our staff members can connect with your candidate, walk thru how to explore our on-line portal, provide a NE Ohio map overview to provide context and lay of land and begin answering questions about neighborhoods, schools, taxes, weather, traffic, children’s activities, brainstorm career or community involvement ideas with the significant other
- Customized Research and Recommendations: As a team, we will brainstorm the candidate’s needs. Our Project Manager will provide pertinent information on the people, places, and resources they will need to make an educated decision about a relocation to NE Ohio and share that info via email with hyperlinks so your candidate can begin to explore and engage.
- Access to EA’s Online NE Ohio Book: A password-protected link will be sent to your candidate to access their customized book based on what we learned during their phone call. Our book offer a highly interactive experience, providing a deep dive into what’s most important as they consider a move to Cleveland/Akron. Each EA Book is split into dozens of chapters curated from more than 50 sources and includes info on:
- schools and education
- quality of life (weather, traffic, healthcare, attractions, events, etc.)
- cost of living, taxes, the local business climate & economy
- diversity and demographics, including organized religion
- detailed maps of Greater Cleveland, Greater Akron and NE Ohio
EA’s online book has received rave reviews from candidates we have worked with since we rolled it out in 2018. We all know that surfing the internet for info on living in Cleveland/Akron is a rabbit hole, that without the proper guidance, offers little objective info, no context or personalization. Our trained relocation counselors can answer questions openly and honestly about neighborhoods, schools, career/community volunteer options for spouses, and address any special needs for candidates’ children.
Our Virtual Orientation Services provide a meaningful experience, showing your candidate how much you care not only about them but their loved ones that will be impacted by a move as well. This service is available to any client who hires EA as part of their recruitment process or have included an EA experience as part of an accepted job offer package.
Although travel has been delayed for candidates’ interviews and for their EA Day(s) to see the region in person, there is no reason to delay our wooing them in advance for a “yes” to your offer and a relocation. You sell the candidate on the job and EA will sell them and their family on NE Ohio!