April 16, 2018: The EA team took a hard hat tour of Pinecrest, eager to see the residential units (known as 4th & Park), the new shops, amenities and greenspace in this Orange Village mixed-use development near I-271 and Harvard. It’s a great spot for newcomers to Cleveland who want to rent for the first few months or year as kids would be enrolled in the highly-rated public school system of Orange Schools. Plus, Pinecrest’s location provides easy access to the freeways and many Metroparks trails.
Pinecrest will offer 400,000 SF of retail space, 87 apartment units, 150,000 SF of office space, a 145-room Marriott AC Hotel, and a one-acre programmable town center.
By design, 65% of the shops in Pinecrest are brand new to NE Ohio including:
- City Works Eatery and Pour House
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
- Fusian (Asian fusion, Japanese and sushi bar)
- Laura of Pembroke (Interior design, women’s fashion and gifts)
- Pinstripes (Bocce, bowling and food)
- REI (Click on the link to learn more about their free play days on April 28th and 29th!)
- West Elm
- Shake Shack (Awesome burgers and shakes)
- Silverspot Cinema (Reclining seats, full bar and kitchen for a dining experience at the movies)
- Vernacular (Apparel, accessories and apothecary)
- Vineyard Vines
- Warby Parker (Stylish prescription glasses)
The rest are familiar names such as:
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Allure Nail Spa and Hair Studio
- Bibibop (Quick-service Asian grill)
- Flip Side (Great burger and milkshake restaurant. You can have Shake Shack for lunch and Flip Side for dinner!)
- Graeter’s Ice Cream
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Pottery Barn
- Pottery Barn Kids
- Red, the Steakhouse
- Restore Cold Pressed (juice bar)
- Whole Foods
The green spaces of Pinecrest will be filled with events including yoga and live music as well as places to sit and enjoy the sunshine.
There are 87 residential apartments connected to an indoor garage by a climate controlled overhead walkway (nice during those Aprils when it continues to snow in CLE!). Rent starts at $1,870, and they have one, two and three-bedroom units available. Every unit has an outdoor balcony. Flexibility of lease terms and the potential for a fully furnished unit make this a great option for short term leases. Many times a recruit will start their new job and commute to see family through the end of the school year or families who have recently relocated to Cleveland will wish to rent before buying. Pinecrest’s three, six and nine-month short term lease options will be a nice fit for some new recruits and their families.
EA’s staff spends at least one day a month on an in-depth learning day we call EA University so we have the latest info to share with all the families we are helping to relocate to NE Ohio. If you think your organization’s talent attraction and retention process could benefit from having a partner like EA to woo out-of-town job candidates and make sure the whole family is educated, acclimated and connected during their first year in town, call us: 216.231.9311.