Executive Arrangements is committed to knowing the latest and greatest happenings in Northeast Ohio so that we have all of the best info for our clients – your company’s new hires and recruits. Here are some things we thought you might want to know…
- Why do so many people like to scare themselves? Whether it’s jumping on a roller coaster or seeing Jason in Friday the 13th, Halloween pumps up our love of fright. If this sounds like you, try one of NE Ohio’s best haunted houses: The Fear Experience on Brookpark Road in CLE. Visitors stand in line for more than 30 min to go through this over-the-top creative space which is a maze of different scenes with people popping out to scare the begebbers out of you! Or if you’d like to tone it down a bit and learn about haunted places try these cool ghosts and haunted history tour spots. Finally, if you want to see homes where people spend way more money than you on Halloween decor in their front yard, check out these spots!
- Cleveland is interested in becoming the home of Amazon’s second headquarters. Many people are working on behalf of Cleveland on the very important Amazon HQ2 proposal. If Cleveland is selected, the estimated financial impact is worth 20 RNC’s! Amazon would employ up to 50,000 people at “high paying jobs” (many say $100K salaries). And, there would be an approximately $5B investment in construction in our area. Being a home for Amazon would be awesome!
- Tremont Athletic Club will be opening a second location at The Centric in Little Italy (a new apartment building under construction on Mayfield Road by the Railroad Bridge).
- Fun fact regarding Ohio City: this neighborhood contains half of all of the liquor licenses in the city of Cleveland! Here is a list of many fun places in Ohio City for grabbing a drink or two…
- Have you ever visited Collinwood? This east-side Cleveland community is primed for revitalization. It has an arts scene, some great dining options, and the lake. Collinwood is unique in that most of the homes are built perpendicular to the lake, so all homes on many streets have access to beaches or Lake Erie. It’s full of character and has very few private McMansion-like properties.
- There are more trail riders on horseback in Cuyahoga County than in all the 87 other OH counties combined (quoted from Brian Zimmerman, CEO of Cleveland Metroparks). The Metroparks are now working to create connective tissue to connect their trails/parks to the neighboring counties’ park systems (they just need two more properties to connect from Squire’s Castle to Lake County Metroparks).
- Cool places to pick up fall decor for your table or front porch from local farms
Does your company need help recruiting and retaining top talent to Northeast Ohio? EA can introduce your recruits and new hires to Cleveland, Akron, or Canton and help them see NEO as home. Call us at 216.231.9311.