Recruiting is expensive and time consuming. And with the global economy continuing to improve and 10,000 Baby Boomers a day hitting retirement age, turnover on management teams is inevitable. As a result, the competition for top talent is getting tough. Surveys show that 4 of the top 5 reasons recruits give for turning down a relocation have nothing to do with the job itself but are “personal and family” issues. Executive Arrangements can mitigate this by providing a high touch, customized experience to insure that the whole family is on board with a move to Ohio.
Why our Discover Cleveland and Discover Akron/Canton orientations help close the deal:
- match candidate’s lifestyle interests to the options in NE Ohio to showcase livability of our region
- overcome family resistance by creating their first impression of our town
- educate those unfamiliar with our region so they can make an informed decision
- correct negative perceptions or outdated stereotypes
What our experiences typically consist of:
- phone consultation prior to recruit/family’s arrival to gather interests and needs
- in depth orientation of 4-6 neighborhoods that closely match criteria and needs of family
- overview of region’s world class amenities: museums, the lakefront, ballparks, family attractions, public parks, healthcare, restaurants & nightlife, diversity of race, religion and ethnicity
- private tours of schools, museums, attractions or houses of worship
- customized data on the area including marked maps, cost of living & taxes, info on neighborhoods, school options, outdoor recreation and public parks, arts & culture, newcomers clubs, etc.
Executive Arrangements is the personal touch for the candidate & family in the recruiting process. We provide a confidential and objective environment for the family to ask questions and share concerns and our involvement can be the difference between your first choice candidate saying yes, or no, to a job offer that requires a move to Cleveland or Akron, Ohio.