Is your family ready to start some new holiday traditions now that you are Northeast Ohio residents? Every winter, the animated store windows, lights, beautiful decorations, and festivals really make this region shine. There are hundreds of ways for you and your family to create unforgettable holiday memories that will last a lifetime and then be passed on to the next generation.
Some of these rich, holiday traditions date back decades and celebrate a sense of Cleveland nostalgia that will make you and your family feel like you are native Northeast Ohioans! Other local holiday traditions are a bit newer and celebrate the innovative nature of our region. We all know that Cleveland is on the forefront of medical innovations, but did you know that the hot dog, golf ball, automobile, and rubber are all Cleveland inventions? In the spirit of invention, one local holiday tradition is a must for families!
Kringle’s Inventionasium is a 40-minute interactive adventure where guests are invited to don white lab coats and assist Mr. Kringle in the evaluation and creation of toys, explore the various invention departments, and visit his top-secret toy lab. It’s a truly one-of-a-kind, hands-on experience for the whole family that encourages multiple, fun educational skill sets! Time.com ranked Mr. Kringle as one of the best Santa experiences in the country in 2013. Click here to read that article.
Here’s a list of some of the things your family will do at Kringle’s Inventionasium…
- Harness your creativity and shape spectacular toy prototypes
- Join the puppet production team and make new masterpieces
- Experiment with absorbent polymers at the Grow Snow Laboratory
- See scientists demonstrate an Everlasting Snow Solution
- Engineer toys at the Creation Station
Instead of having commercials tell your kids which toys to put on their Christmas lists, your children will take an active role in inventing presents for the holiday season and, of course, get to visit with Santa! The kids can also take a ride around Tower City on Kringle’s Chugga Choo-Choo!
This attraction is by reservation only. Click here for more information about Kringle’s Inventionasium.
If the Inventionasium is right up your alley, here are a few interesting articles about the many cool inventions hailing from Northeast Ohio…
- The most striking Northeast Ohio inventions of the last 30 years
- 9 Famous Northeast Ohio Inventions
- The Invention Machine: Cleveland Duo Churns Out Ideas Worth Billions
Looking for even more holiday traditions to explore? Here’s a small sample…
- Holidays at the Higbee: Jack Cleveland Casino presents three gaming floors donned in over 100 holiday trees, 6,000 square feet of snow, 100,000 lights, eight custom-designed archways, numerous leg lamps, and the return of the ever-popular window displays!
- A Christmas Story House & Museum: Fully restored to its movie splendor. The house is open year round to the public for tours. Directly across the street from the house is the official A Christmas Story House Museum, which features original props, costumes, and memorabilia from the film.
- Glow at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens: A winter spectacular. Guests this year will enjoy an all-new outdoor light display featuring radiant, colorful orbs, and thousands of twinkling lights converting the inner gardens to a winter wonderland.
- The Toy Soldier Show at Tower City: Join Tower City’s own Toy Soldier, Fairy Godmother, and their friends in a celebration of holiday magic! Meet the characters following every performance!
- The Festival of Trees at Cleveland Play House: See the beautiful trees at CPH and A Christmas Story, a wonderful family-friendly holiday play.
- Deck the Hall at Stan Hywet: One of Ohio’s largest and most spectacular holiday traditions. The estate is illuminated inside and out with 850,000 lights and features a fantastic outdoor light show and Gingerbread Land.
Click here to read a previous post about cool things to do around the holidays in Cleveland and Akron.
Want know more about how Executive Arrangements can ensure that your recruits and newly transplanted employees are quickly connected to all the great things happening in NE Ohio? Give us a call! 216.231.9311