Welcome to Leave To The Cleve – EA’s blog that helps answer questions about our region for those who are considering a move to Cleveland, Akron, or Canton, as well as for newcomers who have just arrived. We also tackle questions that those in the recruitment/relocation industry ask us. Every week or so, we answer a question regarding: 1) quality of life or cost of living in the Cleveland, Akron, Canton region; 2) our take on a global or national story and how it affects our community; 3) trends or topics of interest to those in the fields of executive recruitment or relocation. And why Leave To the Cleve? Because it’s way easier to rhyme something with the word Cleve than Akron or Canton, but we work to address the entire seven country region we serve!
By Margy Judd
One of Cleveland’s gems is the Greater Cleveland Aquarium, a boutique aquarium located in a former power plant that supplied energy to the electric streetcars in the late 1800’s. It sits on the West Bank of The Flats alongside the Cuyahoga River, and its tall brick smokestacks are instantly recognizable to any Clevelander. Since opening […]
Filed Under: Arts & Culture, Dining, Nightlife, Shopping Tagged With: Cleveland, Cleveland Aquarium, Cleveland Metroparks, Executive Arrangements, Great Cleveland Aquarium, i love it when i save the turtles porter, Northeast Ohio, pints for turtles, spotted turle, Tami Brown, Terrestrial brewing company, The Flats
EA Guide Claudia Fulton is a wealth of knowledge on some of Northeast Ohio’s most interesting facts, news, culture, and lifestyle opportunities. She was part of an effort that established the Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve on the shore of Lake Erie. Below, you’ll find some details about the Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve from Claudia. For […]
Filed Under: EA Staff Featured Bloggers & News, Public Spaces, Parks & Recreation Tagged With: audubon society, birders, birding, claudia fulton, Cleveland, cleveland lakefront nature preserve, dike 14, Executive Arrangements, iba, important birding area, lakefront nature preserve, moving, Northeast Ohio, port authority of cleveland, relocating, relocation, talent attraction, talent retention, the port authority, tour
Last week, EA’s staff met with Tony Sias, president and CEO of Karamu House, to tour this important professional theatre’s renovations and to learn more about the impact this theatre has on its neighborhood and Northeast Ohio. Tony took the reigns of the historic theatre a few years ago after impressive runs at the Cleveland Metropolitan […]
Filed Under: Arts & Culture Tagged With: Fairfax, Fairfax Neighborhood, Karamu House, New Economy Neighborhood, Passing Strange, The Adventures of the Black Girl in her Search for God, The Karamu Comedy Show, Tony Sias, university circle
By Margy Judd
Friday, March 23, 2018: EA staffers Caroline Merk and Margy Judd attended the Downtown Cleveland Alliance's (DCA) market update last night at the … [Read More...]
Caroline Merk is one of EA’s expert Northeast Ohio Guides. She has lived in New York City, Brussels, Paris, Columbus, OH, Dallas, TX, and Richmond, … [Read More...]
February 26, 2018: Today, EA staffers toured the much talked about (and almost completed) One University Circle residential building. Zach Guren from … [Read More...]
By Margy Judd
Almost everyone I know belongs to a national association that is specific to their industry and provides them with on-going training, continuing ed, … [Read More...]
By Margy Judd
Newcomers love meeting other recent Northeast Ohio transplants...they don't have a friend group yet, and they are all looking for new connections. So, … [Read More...]
How do the arts reshape urban neighborhoods? A look at SPACES, Transformer Station & FRONT Triennial.
By Margy Judd
Monday, January 29, 2018 - Once a month, our whole staff takes a field trip to learn something new in NE Ohio so we have the latest info to share with … [Read More...]
Which side are you from? Like all cities, Cleveland has “sides.” EA Guide Brad Withers breaks down the history of Cleveland’s East and West Sides. … [Read More...]
By Margy Judd
Are you a recruiter whose company keeps losing out on the top talent your company needs due to the recruit’s relocation hesitations? Take our … [Read More...]
- Do you have Northeast Ohio New Year’s Eve plans?
- What are Cleveland’s most iconic public spaces?
- Children’s Museum Re-Opens!
- Can you identify all 10 awesome CLE locations?
- High School Crew Teams in CLE
- Why is the Rock Hall in Cleveland?
- Some fun Northeast Ohio facts for October!
- Meet EA Alumna Jeana Saddoris!
- Why are clambakes so popular in Cleveland?
- Where is the Towpath Trail, and when will it be complete?
- Caroline Weingart: Our New Director of Post Relocation Services!
- Detroit Shoreway: Lake Access & Arts Reinvigorating This CLE Neighborhood
- What’s the Basis of Cleveland’s Economy?
- Some fun Northeast Ohio news for August!
- Solon: A Suburb for Both Residents and Big Business
- Community Engagement: The NEO and EA Staffers’ Way
- Meet Mario Ellis!
- EA Introduces the Class of 2017 – Women Networking in Cleveland!
- Global Cleveland: Immigrants and Economic Prosperity
- Cleveland STEM Resources Available at Great Lakes Science Center
- Chamber of Commerce Shares Growth Plans for Cleveland
- Catching Up with EA Alum Marie-Laure le Levreur
- Cities of Opportunity
- Aging in CLE: A Good Place to Be
- Protected: Sampler of Cleveland Facts & Figures
- The Crooked River burns no more!
- Ohio City: Best of CLE Old & New!
- Entrepreneurs re-purposing empty warehouses in MidTown CLE.
- Downtown CLE Grows as a Residential Neighborhood
- Little Italy Adds More Housing
- EA Now A Certified Woman-Owned Business!
- Brecksville: A Green Space Haven and So Much More!
- Where to Start Your Northeast Ohio Summer Camp Research…
- What’s the right deadline for a job offer response?
- Cleveland Montessori: Little Italy’s Neighborhood School Is for Everyone!
- Finding the Right Rental Home for Your Family
- Wondering how to cope with Cleveland’s gray days?
- Newcomers Often Choosing Urban Living When Relocating to CLE
- The Cleveland History Center, Our City Starts Here!
- Not a Political Post: Does Ohio being a “red state” make it harder to recruit to our region?
- Looking For Some New Holiday Traditions? Get Inventive!
- EA Hosts Brewery Tour for New Transplants to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cultural Gardens Showcase Nationalities That Formed NE Ohio
- Cleveland Hustles: Reality TV Show Spotlights Entrepreneurship
- How should you interpret the Ohio school “report card” info?
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History isn’t just dinosaur bones!
- MetroHealth’s Campus Transformation Plan
- Waterfront Development in Downtown Cleveland
- Executive Women Connecting in Cleveland
- Meet Mary Beth DeVilbiss & Kurt Lunsford
- Lakewood – Affordable Charm and Awesome Amenities Just West of Cleveland!
- Drury & Kimpton Hotels Add Unique Options to the Cleveland Market
- Meet the Spears
- Conducting a social media search on a job candidate is a tricky legal area!
- Former Goodyear World Headquarters Morphs into a Live+Work+Play Neighborhood
- Meet the Hartles
- Why Choose a School That’s Not Ranked in the Top 10?
- Why is Cleveland on the Top 10 Poverty List?
- Meet Arthur & Marie-Laure le Levreur
- What the Republican National Convention Means to Northeast Ohio
- Meet the Bell Family
- Comedy in Cleveland
- Theater District Set to Reveal Final Grand Lobby to be Restored
- Meet Camille Nixon
- Recruiting Interns & YPs
- Cleveland School of the Arts
- Meet the Bazzone Family
- Meet the Barnes Family
- Insightful Info from the Northeast Relocation Roundtable
- Cleveland’s Public Square Project Will Change the Face of Downtown
- Meet the Boutros Family
- Hilton Hotel Rises in Downtown Cleveland
- Platform Tennis – A Great Winter Sport in NE Ohio!
- How to Find the Amtrak Station in Cleveland
- Where do my kids go to school if I live in Downtown Cleveland?
- Real Estate Trends That May Affect Relocating Families
- New Reasons to Visit Cleveland’s Tremont Neighborhood!
- Meet the Ward Family
- Most NEO Ohio Newcomers Come From…
- The Green Will Soon Be Green!
- Cleveland’s Version of NYC’s High Line Park Is Coming!
- Executive Arrangements Tour Experience VS Smartphone / Google Maps Tour
- Meet Josh & Janna Woo
- Van Aken District Will Create “Downtown” for Shaker Heights
- Women Executives Arrive in NE Ohio
- Relocating to Cleveland – a Teenager’s Point of View
- If natural disasters scare you, NE Ohio is the place for you!
- What’s There to Do in the Gordon Square Arts District?
- Meet the Grace Family
- Meet the Rudman-McCray Family
- Cooling Off with a Chilled Beverage!
- Customizing the Recruiting Experience
- Meet the Stephensons
- High Tech VS High Touch Recruiting
- Biking in Cleveland & Akron/Canton
- Spring Break One Tank Trips
- Companies that woo the spouse/partner close more deals!
- Meet Teri Agosta
- Projects underway that will transform Cleveland…
- Meet the Sunleys